See all jobs in Cincinnati OH
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH
Cost Center: 116090
Position Type: FT Hrly-U/BlCo-CA
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
Follow and complete job assignments assigned by Supervisor, Process Control or Leadman. Always working with three things in mind: safety, quality and cost. This Job Position is either 8.5 hour shift, working five days on and 2 days off or a 4 day on 4 day off rotating schedule, depending where are needs are at time of hire. Depending on business conditions overtime will be offered and sometimes mandatory. Starting pay is $20.95/hr.
- Gather all materials for batch formulations
- Working with process control in order to locate and stage all materials needed to complete assigned batches
- Advise immediate supervisor of any additional materials needed that cannot be found
- Check all equipment to insure that it is clean and ready to operator
- Process equipment - monitor amps and temperature, conductivity checks.
- Daily scale checks
- Material handling equipment -forklifts, pallet trucks and stackers
- Load batch by following preprinted batch operational guide sheets issued through scheduling
- Insure all materials going into the batch are correct; Any questions should be directed to Process Control or Production Supervisor
- Make sure all materials going in are weighed correctly per the formulation
- Monitor the batch to insure proper mix times and additives are added if and when necessary. Any questions should be directed to Process Control or Production Supervisor
- Insure that the batch sheet has been filled out completely
- Unload the batch and take material to the proper storage areas
- Operate in a safe manner, performing a 3 step job hazard analysis on each specific job function on a daily and job by job basis, documenting at least 2 JHA's per month while proactively striving for a safety engrained work culture. Attend and actively participate in weekly departmental safety meetings. Any problems should be brought to the Shift Supervisor's attention immediately
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities both while completing work and at the end of any specific job task, ensuring job site and tools are returned to storage location. Perform end of day cleanup of department and work areas 3 times a week and as directed by supervision.
- High School diploma or GED required. Ability to comprehend detailed verbal and written instruction and work with minimal supervision.
- Standing and walking for extended periods as well as the ability to climb stairs
- Must be able to work side by side with other Production Operators and Process Control Technicians.
- Routinely carrying up to 25lbs and frequently handling equipment in excess of 50lbs.
- Willing to work in extreme temperatures and dusty/dirty environment.
- Must have Forklift certification
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.