Join a growing organization specializing in custom curtain wall facade design using cutting-edge robotic equipment that surpasses the competition! New Hudson Facades, located in Linwood, PA, is seeking a Structural Engineer II to join our team!
Who we are:
New Hudson Facades is a custom architectural facade company specializing in the design, engineering, manufacturing, and installation of curtain wall facades on world-class buildings. These outer coverings, made of decorative glass, create an aesthetic appeal to skylines across the country.
Our constant efforts toward excellence extend past our product and deep into our companys foundation. We provide our employees with performance-based opportunities for professional growth and upward mobility. New Hudson Facades is dedicated to creating a culture where innovation, growth, and community are top priorities.
What you will do:
The Structural Engineer II (SE) applies the knowledge of engineering principles to design structural elements within custom curtainwall systems. The SE performs analysis of curtainwall materials (aluminum, steel, glass, stone, etc.) to evaluate compliance with codes, regulations, and specifications. The SE collaborates with other design staff to maximize efficiency while maintaining code compliance and public safety. Must be familiar with a variety of field concepts and practices. The SE uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals per schedule and budget objectives. The SE may lead and direct the work of others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and design curtainwall systems and components making appropriate decisions based on project specifications and budgets
- Establish appropriate loading and criteria based on codes, specifications, and engineering judgment
- Apply codes and standards as appropriate for aluminum, steel, glass, stone, concrete, and wood
- Follow and support process improvement in best practice engineering standards
- Develop FEA models as necessary to analyze structural systems and components
- Generate project calculations for review by the external design team (Architect/Consultant/GC)
- Review, interpret and apply project specifications to materials and designs
- Read and interpret project Architectural and Structural drawings
- Perform systematic site inspections
- May supervise, mentor, and train other resources
- Provide support and coordination to the operations team, factory, and field personnel as needed
- Use education and company provided training to further develop required skills
- Additional items as needed by design and engineering departments
Key Roles and Skill Sets
- Working knowledge of FEA and Mathcad preferred
- Strong general computer skills including working knowledge of email, MS Office, and similar software
- Strong spatial aptitude
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor/SolidWorks preferred
- Under direction, independently performs technical work and calculations.
- Typically a structural Engineer II has earned their EIT (Engineer in Training) certification
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 yrs. experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering