See all jobs in Orange CA
Job Location: Orange, CA
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 10402
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Facility Description: La Veta Surgical is a Multi-Specialty Surgical Center with 5 OR's and 1 GI Suite. We also have a 2nd site in Irvine, Ca where there are 2 OR's and 1 GI Room. We are a state-of-the-art center and are looking Administrative Assistant with a positive attitude, lots of energy and someone who is able to thrive in a fast paced environment are a must.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Full-Time LVN in our pre-op area. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide quality care for all our patients in all services we offer or be willing to train to any services in which they are not currently proficient. Candidate should understand the dynamics of a surgery center in terms of scope, pace, and sharing of facility responsibilities.
- Assists the RN and physician in providing pre-operative care to the patient
- Confirms preoperative testing/medical clearance is in patient's medical chart prior to procedure
- Collaborates with RN in assessing the patient's physical and emotional status
- Implements and documents preoperative regimen of care according to policy/procedure
- Recognizes patient's need for support, answers questions appropriately, and provides for privacy and confidentiality
- Assists in the admission of patients to pre-operative area according to established guidelines
- Implements appropriate nursing activities to provide safe and individualized nursing care
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care by documenting patient's responses to interventions
- Conveys ideas, concepts, and facts related to patient care in a logical, concise manner
- Documents records and other forms accurately and according to policies and procedures
- Applies technical and specialized skills relevant to pre-operative nursing
- Performs nursing functions (e.g., monitors vital signs, maintains/improves respiratory function, performs catheterizations, etc.) under RN direction/supervision
- Observes safety measures in patient-care activities
- LVN with active license in state required
- Certification in BLS.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #Nurse #Healthcare #NurseLife