See all jobs in Downey CA
Job Location: Downey, CA
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 8187
Physicians Surgery Center of Downey is a busy multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center (ASC) located in Downey, CA. The fast-growing, newly-acquired Surgical Care Affiliates center is looking for an experienced Pre-Op, PACU and GI Registered Nurse to join its dynamic team. This is strictly a FULL-TIME position and we are willing to cross train in Pre-Op and GI if there is substantial PACU experience. Nurses at SCA enjoy full benefits starting on first date of hire, M-F 8 hour shifts, paid holidays off and at home and so much more!
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Pre-Op, PACU and GI Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating pre- and post-operative patient care. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
The Pre-Op, PACU and GI Registered Nurse will work with the clinical staff to ensure excellent surgical case management and report to the CEO and Director of Nursing of the center. The role is full-time with associated wages and benefits.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing required
- At least 2 years of PACU experience required Pre-Op and GI nursing experience huge plus.
- Moderate Sedation experience preferred
- Valid and in good standing Nursing license for the state of California required
- Current BLS certification or willing to obtain within 90 days of employment required
- Current ACLS certification or willing to obtain within 90 days of employment required
- Current PALS certification or willing to obtain within 90 days of employment required
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.