Sterile Processing Technician
Job ID: 2020-17000
Type: Regular Part-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Field Service
MD Hospital Sales
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients lives.
Organizes and manages on site Procedure Cost Management System (PCMS) program and inventory on a part-time, per diem basis. Responsible for reprocessing, intraoperative support and Aesculap PCMS inventory at specific site of program.
Must be flexible with shifts, as shift will change due to coverage. Some weekends REQUIRED.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Coordinates PCMS program at a specific site
- Perform reprocessing functions
- Maintain appropriate back up inventory of instruments and supplies
- Assure all instrumentation is repaired as needed
- Assure instrument/cable quality checks are done on a routine basis
- Maintain set use records and submit per procedure statistics on a monthly basis to Manager and Sales Representative
- Provide information to Manager and Sales Representative on a routine basis or as needed
- Monitor daily activity of the PCMS sets
- Identify opportunities for PCMS program within the facility
- Organize and maintain system for ordering supplies or replacement instruments and parts
- Maintain all PCMS set documentation in instacountPLUS or other instrument management software if appropriate
- Monitor new technology being implemented in OR to determine if changes are needed in PCMS sets
- Monitor OR scheduling trends to determine any impact on PCMS Program
- Communicate frequently with department manager on site to determine if there are additional needs
- Communicate frequently with OR Staff to assure program goals are being met
- Provide intraoperative support for instrumentation as needed
- Maintain accurate instrument inventory indicating reasons for discrepancies
- Responsible for returning all inventory pulled from service to Aesculap PCMS in St. Louis
- Identifies own areas of development and seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Companys Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Use appropriate forms to obtain additional instrumentation or replacement instrumentation
- Participate in presenting educational information
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
- and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.