Manager, Field Service
Job ID: 2021-17664
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients lives.
Manages and ensures training of field based repair personnel for on-site repairs of surgical instruments, containers and related medical devices in a timely manner with an emphasis on consistency in repair quality, maintaining Aesculaps reputation as an ethical supplier of services and increasing repair sales.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Manages and ensures that all Mobile Repair Technicians receive all necessary training, ensuring consistency in service delivery, spending approximately 1 week (or more if necessary) with each technician every 6 months.
- Ensures consistent quality repairs on instruments within a specific turn-around time.
- Works with technicians to coordinate the scheduling of repair work at hospitals in order to maximize their productivity.
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Director, drives incremental revenue through the development of maintenance programs for customers.
- Ensures billing practices are consistent with company integrity and ethical practices.
- Coordinates with ATS Director to ensure consistency in quality between National Repair Center field based repairs.
- Works with the Regional Sales Directors to ensure coordination of efforts between sales and technical staff.
- Identify, develop and report monthly KPIs (key performance indicators) related to meeting customer expectations, technician productivity, revenue growth and other identified KPI to support operational execution.
- Manages field based repair technicians budget.
- Ensures or provides coverage for regions when regular technician is on leave or when position is vacant.
- Recruits and hires mobile repair technicians.
- Works with technicians to ensure proper spare part inventory levels.
- Ensures proper maintenance, lease agreements and registration of mobile vehicles.
- Develops productivity improvements and tracks performance of employees.
- Performs quality control process checks to ensure a high standard of quality.
- Provides calculated commission amounts to Finance for payment.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Companys Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Ability to recruit and select qualified technicians for open positions.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with an emphasis in sales.
- Must be willing to travel 60% to 70%.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively interface with subordinates and all levels of management.
- Ability to work with computer programs specifically excel spreadsheets.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Determines organizational objectives, interprets company policy, and delegates assignments to appropriate individuals as required.
- Requires 4 years experience supervising/managing field based service personnel in the medical device field.
- Requires 4 years of prior experience with manufacturing or repairing of surgical instruments, or other medical devices.
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.