Field Service Technician I
Job ID: 2021-17691
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients lives.
Field Service Technicians are a vital resource for the medical industry that are responsible for cleaning, refurbishing sharpening and repairing precision surgical instruments. Field Service Technicians I work in collaboration with Field Service Technicians II and Senior technicians under moderate supervision.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Repair Surgical instruments with the guidance of Field Service Technicians II and Senior technicians;
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with the customer.
- Manages Customer in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Partners with Sales team(s) to grow business in assigned territory.
- Accurate and timely repairs of precision surgical instruments.
- Manages all on site repairs, maintenance and testing of assigned instruments and equipment
- Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determines proper solutions, therefore must have strong problem solving skills
- Produces timely daily work orders.
- Updates customer reports as needed
- Cooperates with sales and technical teams to share information across the organization
- Comprehends customer requirements and makes appropriate recommendations
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of work area and company equipment
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Companys Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Experience with machining or handling of delicate metal instruments is desirable.
- Requires clear communication to customers, colleagues and management.
- Technical degree is desirable
- Occasional overtime and changes in shift scheduling are required to suit customer needs.
- Computer knowledge is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.