Aesculap Implant Systems
Job ID: 2021-17746
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Distribution Warehouse AIS
Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC, a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of the changing healthcare environment. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap Implant Systems develops advanced spine and orthopaedic implant technologies to treat complex disorders of the spine, hip and knee. Aesculap Implant Systems strives to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsible for training new machinists on programming techniques of all prototype machinery and assisting with tooling and fixture design. Also responsible for producing prototypes as directed by the Associate Director, R&D Mfg. May support several different projects on all shop equipment.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Assigning jobs to machinists as instructed by the Associate Director, R&D Mfg
- Troubleshoot problems in order to maintain a steady work flow throughout shop
- Oversee and review the quality of work completed by machinists
- Quickly creating prototypes on all equipment with minimal supervision
- Solving manufacturing problems such as creating custom tooling or fixturing
- Maintaining the highest level of quality
- Performing preventive maintenance on all shop equipment
- Maintaining a cleanly work environment
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- The duties performed are generally of a confidential nature and require a thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs
- Ability to operate CNC lathes and mills, EDM, manual lathes and mills, CMM, optical comparator, heat treat oven, sand blaster, band saw
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work. Receives general instruction on new assignments. Works under minimal supervision.
- 10 years machining experience required.
- 5 years machining experience (in a medical field) desired.
- Ability to effectively manage a small group of prototype machinists
- Ability to set-up and run CNC lathes, mills, EDM and manual equipment
- Experience in programming, utilizing EIA as well as mazatrol languages
- Experience with cutting stainless steels, titanium, and other exotic metals
- Ability to interpret blueprints including GDT and machine parts to precise dimensions
- Experience with satellite equipment including optical comparator and CMM
- Must possess strong mathematical skills, attention to detail, and a very strong work ethic
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.