See all jobs in Tomball TX
Job Location: Tomball, TX
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 10241
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Performs non-credentialed duties associated with patient care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. Supports and complies with all hospital and specific Hospital Outpatient Department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Organizes time efficiently to perform duties as assigned by HOPD manager or Charge nurse
- Follows chain of command to report pertinent patient related problems or unusual situations.
- Observes and preserves the patients' rights to human dignity
- Anticipates and acts to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients' others and self.
- Uses aseptic technique and personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Follows post-operative cleaning procedure, preoperative cleaning procedure and rearranges furniture to meet needs of following procedure as directed by a circulating nurse.
- Maintains proper technique when assisting with nursing procedures.
- Notifies HOPD Manager and/or designee of all equipment malfunctions.
- Performs necessary checks on endoscopes and other equipment including leak testing of endoscopes and records in log as directed.
- Under the direction of the HOPD Manager or designee, maintains stock levels of supplies and reports usage on a weekly basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One-Two years of experience as an Endoscopy Tech
- BLS and Endoscope Re-Processor certification required within one year of employment
- BLS and Endoscope Washing/Reprocessing Certification are highly preferred
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.