See all jobs in Long Beach CA
Job Location: Long Beach, CA
Location: US-CA-Long Beach
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 13688
MemorialCare Surgery Center - Long Beach is an multi-specialty surgery center.
Our management team is focused on providing high quality care and maintaining strong communication with our patients and physicians. We greatly value the confidence and trust placed in our team by our patients and their families when they choose to have outpatient procedures performed at our center.
Benefits Begin on Day one of Employment:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- No holidays, nights or call
- Per Diem shift needed - flexible schedule w/mandatory shifts on Saturday
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Sterile Processing Clerk (Instrument Processing Technician) is responsible for maintaining instruments and equipment in an optimal fashion and preparing instrumentation, equipment, and sterile supplies for the surgical patient.
- Functions as an Instrument Processing Technician under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures, aseptic technique, and maintenance and care of instruments and equipment.
- Knowledge of standards and engages in practices and procedures of sterile technique.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area, in appropriate sequence, for storage and/or processing.
- Differentiates sterilization and disinfection methods required for specific instruments and equipment.
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, and disinfects instruments and equipment and maintains the functions of the instrument processing area/department.
- Responsible for crossover duties in other areas such as purchasing supplies and inventory management in proper areas according to facility policy and management guidance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior experience in instrument processing required.
- Understanding of sterilization and high-level disinfection technologies including industry standardized principles and practice in sterilization and disinfection required.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment required or documentation of current BCLS certification.
- Certification in instrument processing is preferred.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com