See all jobs in Irvine CA
Job Location: Irvine, CA
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 14103
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Gastroenterology Technologist (GI Tech) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse. The GI Tech performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and best practice guidelines established by the gastroenterology professional organization.
- Assists other members of the procedure team with gowning, gloving, applying eye protection to perform patient procedures
- Assists with the preparation of the procedure room for procedures
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of supplies and equipment
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of aseptic and sterile technique as applicable
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and procedures
- Knows how to pre-clean, disinfect, process and safely store endoscopes according to best practice guidelines, facility policy and under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use and returns it to the proper area for processing and storage
- Participates in procedure validation and TIME OUT processes with the rest of the procedure team
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers, high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, other designated processors
- Demonstrates understanding of procedure room technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy and procedures
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of supplies
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares rooms, supplies, and equipment, as assigned and directed by Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Prior Experience as a GI Tech and/or Operating Room Technician (ORT) preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, required
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.