See all jobs in San Francisco CA
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Location: US-CA-San Francisco
# of Openings: 1
Category: Per Diem
System ID: 11342
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the patient.
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient.
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and anesthesia.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)