See all jobs in San Francisco CA
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Location: US-CA-San Francisco
# of Openings: 1
Category: Per Diem
System ID: 10593
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Presidio Surgery Center is an ambulatory surgery facility which has been providing high quality care to patients in San Francisco since 1989. Modern medical advances have made it possible for an adult or child to have non-emergency surgery and return home the same day. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and Medicare Certified, meeting the highest quality standards, and consistently exceeding national benchmarks for safety.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The OR Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge in the periOperative setting. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through the implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission of the surgery center.
- Assesses plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient's critical pathway to achieve identified outcomes.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Regularly maintains work area, equipment and supplies in a clean, neat, orderly manner.
- Adheres to established surgery center safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care.
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities
- Follows established surgery center policies and procedures with regard to attendance.
- Current licensure to practice in the state of California.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are also required and must be obtained within 3 months of hire.
- All courses must be AHA approved.
- Per-diem RNs are encouraged but not required to obtain PALS. It is the responsibility of the employee to maintain certifications as current.
Education, vocational training and experience: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. 1 year OR experience required.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs, #Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter