See all jobs in Houston TX
Job Location: Houston, TX
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 11122
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Sr. Director of Development will also have responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Positioning team to meet and/or exceed annual and five-year IYC and FYC goals
- Able to complete a complex transaction from origination through closing and integration
- Ensuring each market within the assigned territory has a strategic pathway identified and action plan in place to execute.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to detect compliance related issues and awareness to raise to the appropriate SCA resources in a timely manner
- Ensuring SCA capital (time & money) are being deployed in an efficient and responsible manner
- Pursue and assess acquisition, merger, and joint venture opportunities.
- Serve as the primary support executive to the Operations group when an acquisition activity is required.
- In conjunction with the responsible operations executive assess the prospects for an acquisition or contribution to the overall objective of the company and the specific market.
- Assist the responsible Operations group in structuring the proposed transaction and managing the legal, compliance and executive approvals required.
- Developing the business plan, executive summary and pro forma financial statements required to obtain the above approvals.
- Make determinations and recommendations to the Operations group and Chief Development Officer as to whether the proposed project is one that should be pursued in light of resources required.
- Ensures that communication to prospective customers is accurate, prompt and timely.
- Foster an environment which stimulates open communication, creativity, imagination and engenders a team spirit in solving problems and identifying and capturing new business opportunities.
- Works in an open, supportive manner with other members of the development team in order to balance the workload and provide ideas and potential solutions to problems faced in other territories.
- Serve as the primary point of internal communication to home office departments about any pending transactions.
- Enhances the company's credibility and reputation.
- Have a thorough understanding of all value drivers at the center level.
- Conduct all business matters with the highest degree of integrity and ensure that a culture of compliance is fostered.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years' experience with 2+ years of financial and/or development leadership experience preferred
- Experience mentoring, supervising and developing staff
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive change in a positive environment
- Extremely strong financial, analytical and written skills are required
- Exceptional skill in problem solving, financial analysis and corporate structure.
- Leadership qualities are a must as communication and presentation will be routine
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Strong presentation skills in both one-on-one executive briefings and large audience settings.
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates