See all jobs in San Francisco CA
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Location: US-CA-San Francisco
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 13571
Presidio Surgery Center is looking to add another layer of leadership to our team with our new role of Quality Nurse Manager. As the Quality Nurse Manager, you not only will represent the large facility of Presidio but you have opportunity to expand this role with another facility in the local area in the future. As a Quality Nurse Manager, you will work in in concert with the Regional Quality Leader, Director of Nursing, and the Facility CEO to implement the SCA strategic clinical-quality plan over your facility. Additionally, our Quality Nurse Manager will have oversight of the clinical quality and performance improvement of the total joint program and its certification. Your role as Quality Nurse Manager will encompass but not be limited to:
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Maintaining knowledge of:
- Clinical best practices
- Accreditation and regulatory standards
- Quality improvement processes
- SCA Quality Standards Manual, SCA Environment of Care (EOC) Manual, SCA Medical Staff Services and Credentialing Manual, and SCA Governing Body (GB) and Medical Executive Committee (MEC) Bylaws
- Center Medical Staff Rules & Regulations
- Infection Control guidelines, Environmental safety regulations and guidelines, and SCA Medical Staff Services and Credentialing guidelines
- Nationally recognized patient safety goals (NPSG's) for ASCs
- Center and regional education, orientation, and training programs
In addition, as a Quality Nurse Manager you will:
- Lead, facilitate, and advise the Center Quality Council and internal performance improvement teams:
- Provides strategic oversight of proactive and reactive patient safety activities:
- Maintain Center Survey readiness
- Communicate Effectively Throughout All Levels of the Organization
- Licensed Registered Nurse for the state of California
- Familiar with any of: clinical education, patient safety, infection control, or employee health, and total joint programs
- Minimum of three years of experience in a Clinical leadership role
- Willingness to travel between two facilities in local area
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.
- Experience and understanding of patient care delivery to include staff member roles in the peri-operative setting.
- Competent and experienced with regulatory and accreditation standards and survey readiness process.
- Development and implementation of staff orientation and training programs based on patient safety, quality improvement, healthcare industry and/or organizational needs.
- Ability to work with proven performance improvement methodologies; quality measurement; and data analysis using statistical principles.
- Proficient in the use of select Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint or other database management applications. Knowledge of statistics a plus
- Requires public speaking skills and ability to deliver effective presentations and education to groups of clinicians.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.