Be part of a team that is responsible for manufacturing rugged industrial LED lighting, ovens and other equipment to help create a sustainable and safe world.
Join Phoenix Lighting where you'll be part of a team of talented people who possess the qualities that we value - team player mentality, strong work ethic, and impeccable character. We value our employees and offer an excellent total compensation and benefit package and an award-winning work environment that encourages collaboration, flexibility, balance and support.
We are seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable Specialist to provide administrative support to the Accounting team. The AR Specialist secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Collects customer payments by reminding delinquent accounts, notifying customers of insufficient payments. Resolves collections by examining customer terms, payment history and credit limit.
- Obtains and applies customer payments in AX by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; record cash, checks & credit card transactions, prepare and mail invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments. Provide documentation to customer as needed.
- Deposit customer payments remotely to bank.
- Prepare the DSO report.
- Scan and apply checks including e-commerce settlement.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Invoices customers daily for shipped product and send invoice totals to upper management. Update daily shipping report.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service and from customers.
- Manages shipping paperwork scan and save documents.
- Set up credit limits and customer credits.
- Update A/R Spreadsheet daily with invoice totals.
- Manage exempt customer sales and tax certification using the Avalera system.
- Prepare the weekly bookings report.
- Back-up for accounts payable.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from deposits, scanning and applying checks including e-commerce settlement.
- Contributes to Accounting team effort by accomplishing related results or special projects as needed.
- High School Diploma plus 3 years A/R experience. Associate degree preferred.
- Intermediate user of Excel. MS Dynamics AX is a definite plus.
- Must be able to be flexible in daily responsibilities and ability to multi-task.
Why work for Phoenix??
We have an award-winning, positive, people-oriented culture with very low turnover because we do things well and care for our people. Our products set the standard for the industries we serve.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Life & Disability insurance (company paid)
401k with company match
Robust Wellness Program with incentives
Paid Time Off (PTO)
9 paid holidays
Phoenix upholds the Equal Employment Opportunity for Women/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you need accommodations due to a disability to complete the application process, please contact the HR Director at +1 414.973.3453