About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world's most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker's social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
The High Voltage (HV) Battery Team is responsible for the design of high voltage battery pack design. The system engineer is for the electrical system requirements for electrical components, BMS software review as well as EOL (End of Line) test requirements. This position requires communicating with the high voltage battery supplier to review and evaluate the requirements of the battery as well as communicating with vehicle team to successfully install battery to vehicle and perform EOL test. We are seeking a candidate to lead battery management systems (BMS) development and electrical component review at our Manhattan Beach facility for one of the most challenging transportation applications on Earth.
- Identify battery system requirements and test requirements
- Review designs including BMS software, functional safety, electrical schematics, electrical component selection, etc.
- Review high voltage battery electrical components
- Work with vehicle power electronics team to support requirements from vehicle team
- Analyze data, develop conclusions, and manage design revisions
- Review and approve DFMEA and DVP&R
- Review and approve design changes
- Ensure all standards and requirements are met
- Ensure meeting SOP timing plan
- Review and approve component PPAP submission
- Systems or Electrical Engineering degree
- High voltage (over 200V) battery design experience is a must.
- 5+ years of experience in BMS development
- Extensive knowledge in ISO26262
- Experience with supplier design review and help the supplier to meet requirements and timeline
- Experience in working with vehicle team to ensure the design of HV battery meets all vehicle requirements
- Present viable solutions to vehicle team and support their needs.
- Experience in system requirement developments and defining a system level architect.
- Experienced in developing engineering requirement specification for BMS
- Familiar with Lithium ion battery technology
- Experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and data acquisition systems
- Strong data-driven analytical/problem solving skills
- A team player with self-motivation to identify and close design issues
Fisker Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Group Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Group Inc. Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at THIS EMAIL .