PRINT PRODUCTION OPERATOR - Small & Large Format B&W and Color Printers
(Location: 1905-C Westwood Ave., Richmond, VA)
Do you want to enhance your career in the Print Industry?
Come work for the largest Commercial Digital Printer in the country -- and the company that consistently receives some of the highest Customer Reviews every week!
Summary: ARC Document Solutions is seeking a Print Production Operator for black and white / color printers. The Production Operator receives, processes, and maintains orders for reprographic services; bindery and wrapping for delivery. Duties include reading and understanding the work order prior to starting the job to assure the job is done correctly. Use various equipment/machinery to finish the job to the exact customer standards. Any questions need to be discussed with management who will call the customer. In between jobs, the work area needs to picked up and swept clean. Notify a supervisor when materials are low so they may be reordered. Exceed client expectations by fostering a Whatever it Takes attitude while at the same time producing and delivering the highest quality product.
This is what you get to do:
- Receives, processes, and maintains orders for copier and finishing services and prioritize work assignments based on customer needs, work load and machine capabilities.
- Study production schedule. Estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Inform the Production Manager of any requests that cant be met. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product produced.
- Read, process, comprehend, and follow the detailed written and verbal instructions on the work order prior to starting the job to assure the job is done correctly and to the highest degree of satisfaction.
- Process PDF files that come in e-mail, delivery, walk in, or other method.
- Use various equipment and machinery to finish the job order to the exact customer standards. This includes filling in any sizes, quantities, job names or purchase orders on the work order prior to starting the job.
- Make suggestions regarding paper, binding, and other options. Any questions need to be directed to your supervisor who will call the customer with any clarifications.
- Inspect finished work for sharpness, density of line, position, count and sizes.
- Scan-to-file of hard copy job following standard operating procedures.
- Know and understand how the equipment works and keep it clean at all times to assure our products are delivered in the highest quality to our customer.
- In-between jobs, pick up work area and sweep clean. Keep your area stocked with paper and supplies. Notify your supervisor as you see materials that we are low so that they may be reordered.
- Perform minor repairs and some routine equipment maintenance.
- Record and maintain maintenance reports for all calls on service.
- Report mechanical failure for technician repair to the Production Manager or Branch Manager.
- Work overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.
- Assist in other departments when necessary or orders are slow.
- Perform any other tasks, duties, or functions directed by the Production or Branch Manager.
- Assist customer service by answering phones and taking orders, writing in pick-up requests on daily log sheet, assisting customers and other duties when required.
- Assist by preparing packages for shipment with UPS, Fed-Ex, and couriers as needed.
- Attend occasional company-wide meetings and/or training.
- Abide by all company rules and regulations, including those set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a courteous and can-do attitude with internal and external customers.
- Conscientious and consistent effort to quickly and accurately complete each task and/or job is the companys productivity standard.
This is what we are looking for:
- At least 1 year of reprographic experience in a professional environment
- At least 1 year of experience working with copier, finishing equipment
- At least one year customer experience
- Computer experience (outlook, windows)
- High school diploma and advanced training or education to perform the functions of the position
- Ability to understand and communicate job-related information clearly and concisely.
- Training on how to deliver 5-star customer service to support our excellent company reputation
- Comprehensive Employee benefits that include full health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 401-K Plan with company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan giving you 15% money by allowing you to buy ARC stock on the NYSE at 15% below street value
- Management team that supports you and want to see you be successful
- Culture of caring for our employees
To all recruitment agencies:
ARC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Careers alias or other ARC employees. ARC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.