We are seeking candidates for our vacant Human Resources Generalist (HRG) position. The HRG will administer and carry out the employee relations function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support branch managers in conducting disciplinary investigations and serves as the employee advocate in ensuring consistent treatment in accordance to company policies, practices and procedures.
- Intake regional employee complaints, concerns and allegations; conducts investigations, prepares written summaries and collaborates with the Regional HR Director and management to resolve issues including implementing disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Prepare and deliver responses to requests related to employment charges & unemployment insurance requests; including prepare and instruct managers on the unemployment process, including providing appropriate documentation and separation information.
- Maintain exit interview program and discusses exit interview findings with HR leadership.
- Provides input into the development and revision of employee related policies and procedures.
- Maintain daily communication with regional employees to resolve routine questions and concerns, as well as gauge employee morale.
- Create and maintain investigation files. Responsible for compiling data, reporting and analysis of investigation data and results.
- Compile and distribute weekly, monthly and yearly HR metrics reports and documents.
- Accurately execute the day-to-day clerical and administrative functions of the human resources department.
- Coordinate and maintain employee training and development courses and records.
- Assist in training new hires and existing employees on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc.
- Complete assigned projects with minimal oversight.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping employee information confidential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing employment. Multi-site (state) experience is required.
- Ability to conduct investigations, train and develop staff; and maintain documentation in an organized manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; Proactive approach when working with others.
- Excellent organizational skills; and, great attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to work independently in ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with fellow HR team members and internal and external customers.
- 2-4 years minimum experience in a related HR role
- Bachelors degree in an HR related field of study
- Current HR certification preferred
- Proficiency in employee relations, multi-state employment law
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Effective organization and time management skills and experience
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- MS Office proficient - including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Active listening - able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Articulate convey information effectively; ability to communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand
- Critical thinking able to use logic and reasoning to identify issues and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Problem-solving able to identify problems and review related information to recommend options and independently implement solutions
- Facilitation able to create and deliver engaging and effective employee training; and, conduct safe, effective employee/manager meetings
- Time management able to manage multiple (changing) priorities with competing deadlines, efficiently and timely with a sense of urgency
This is what we have to offer:
Excellent Company support and resources
Excellent Company Reputation because we consistently receive 5-star customer reviews
Comprehensive Employee benefits that include full health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 401-K Plan with company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan giving you 15% money by allowing you to buy ARC stock on the NYSE at 15% BELOW street value
A management team that supports you and want to see you be successful
Culture of caring for our employees
To all recruitment agencies:
ARC does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our Careers alias or other ARC employees.
ARC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.