Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Robotic Weld Manager- 1st Shift (West Bend)
Job ID: 2020-1862
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Robotic Weld Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing a team of manual and Robotic Welders; assign tasks, and will support the overall operation by ensuring full utilization of the Robotic Welding department resources.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for safety, quality, production and customer satisfaction.
- Supervising, prioritizing, schedule and delegate work assignments to a team of welders and robotic weld operators to ensure the production of company products is at the highest quality and lowest possible cost.
- Develop, recommend, and implement departmental policies and procedures, processes, and methods to adhere to company safety standards, work regulations and standards.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, and grievances.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of goods.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Effectively keep and record employees' attendance, vacation, hours, and other timekeeping activity on a daily basis in our time keeping systems.
- Ensure line associates follow established manufacturing processes and meet production requirements while completing all required production paperwork, records, and other documentation.
- Requisition and order materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Observe work and monitor output to ensure that welders conform to production or processing standards of Metalcrafts performance standards and delivery requirements, and customer specifications.
- Ensures adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures, and be a resource to other inquires and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving problems.
- Provide recommendations for corrections or improvements as appropriate.
- Promote a positive and growth/opportunity-oriented mindset among peers and any subordinates and work with HR to settle worker grievances.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Associates Degree with hands on experience in relative field of expertise.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience ideally in a metal fabrication shop.
- Experience with robotic weld equipment
- Experience ordering supplies, troubleshooting welding/production problems, performing welding tests for prospective welders.
- Experience in prototyping parts and fixtures, and communicating with end users.
- Previous experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Prefer prior experience with SAP
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong leadership, motivation, accountability, and conflict resolution skills.
- Design, define and plan the manufacturing process in a timely and efficiently manner while applying ergonomic principles and methods.
- Ability to manage and supervise employees.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and abilities to analyze a wide variety of equipment troubleshoot problems and assess maintenance needs.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Effectively read blueprint prints, provide clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Identify opportunities while and implement changes to improve productivity.
- Good computer skills are also required, as well as knowledge of manufacturing reporting software.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity