Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Tool and Die Apprentice , 2nd shift (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1885
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
This person will be reporting to the tool Room Manger and committing to the DWD apprenticeship program. This requires both on the job training and classroom training for 5 years. Upon completion of the program you will be considered a journey man tool and die maker.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerance of component and frame assembly drawings.
- Ability to use inspection
- Repair, maintain, develop & build production tooling
- Gauges & measuring equipment to check component assembly quality
- Shop math & trigonometry to set up machinery
- Tool & die repairs, PM grid analysis, nitrogen systems, track & order supplies, welding, maintain dies and fixture designs
- Maintain logs, dimensions, blue print reading
- Tool & die skills to ensure goal objectives are met for company & customer
- Adhere to company Quality Policy and follow appropriate procedures as documented in the training agreement.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a 5 year commitment
- Attend school one day per week (576 hours of instruction)
- Complete 10,400 hours of on the job training on 2nd shift
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Submit application to DWD which also needs to be approved
- Complete standard Red Cross First Aid and CPR courses during the first year of the apprenticeship and maintain such certification throughout the apprenticeship.
- See attached description from DWD
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity