Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Production Planning Manager (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1895
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Customer Service/Support
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
The Production Planner has primary responsibility to ensure accurate planning parameters are in place within a Lean Manufacturing environment and follow up on production orders in support of customer and internal demands. Will analyze work center loads for effective capacity planning. Will also ensure accurate inventories by effectively addressing any labor reporting issues. This position has a close working relationship with Operations, Product Engineering, purchasing, and customer service. In addition, the Production Planner will confer with department heads to determine status of assigned projects, expedite operations that delay schedules and prepare production reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in SAP, Kanban & Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge in Blue print reading
- Understanding Labor reporting
- Exceptional people skills in working with external customers and internal customers
- Strong team player
- Basic understanding of materials planning and inventory concepts
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Creative thinking skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Associate degree with a business emphasis
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in production planning
- Basic knowledge of word and excel
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree in related field OR 3 years related experience in the Supply Chain function within a similar working environment;
- 4-5 years of purchasing, planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle);
- Market knowledge and experience sourcing for new product development.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, production schedules, purchase orders, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, procedure manuals, and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity