Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Production Helper- WB (2nd & 3rd shift)
Job ID: 2020-1836
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 5
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
2nd and 3rd shift**
This role is primarily responsible for de-nesting parts cut by the laser and metal finishing, identifying and organizing the laser cut parts in a Just-in-time fabrication shop. This position also may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.
- Assist the Operator with setups and operations on Mazak and Mitsubishi CO2 Lasers.
- Use grinders and sanders to improve quality on parts
- De-nesting of laser cut parts and removing laser oxide from parts
- Cross Train across the Laser department.
- Properly receiving and storing of steel.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and complete work.
- Perform general housekeeping of department.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Ability to lift up-to 50 pounds, bend, twist and transport product and materials short distances
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a team-environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to work safely and without injury with hand tools in a an environment with metal and sharp objects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change
- Work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Strong metal grinding, forming and basic fabrication background
- Basic dimensional measuring competence and ability to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math
Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity