Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Brake Press Operator (Beaver Dam)
Job ID: 2021-1896
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Metalcraft of Mayville Inc.
Openings on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
Reporting to the Brake Press Manager this role is primarily responsible for the daily setup and operation of press brakes in a just-in-time fabrication shop. The Brake Press Operator may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.
- Set up and operate a hydraulic press or punch press for routine established work.
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from a supervisor or a lead.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Lubricate workpieces with oil.
- Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjust components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Mark identifying data on workpieces.
- Hand-form, cut, or finish workpieces, using tools such as table saws, hand sledges, or anvils.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
- Ability to use a forklift.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity