Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Quality Control Technician, 2nd shift (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1894
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
Reporting to the Quality Manager this role is primarily responsible for conducting routine tests and inspections on machined, fabricated steel parts, assisting with data collection and performing First Article and In Process Inspections. The Quality Technician participates in the development of standardized work instructions, conducts functional tests, and develops inspection templates.
This is a 2nd Shift Position
Works from and interprets complicated models, drawings, routings, product specifications, and quality requirements, to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications. Performs layout work. Interprets and performs geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) evaluations. Demonstrates understanding of statistical process control principles. Assists in performing inspection operations, checking for conformance to specifications and PO requirements. Performs standard operations on coordinate measuring machine (CMM and Romer Arm), such as true position and alignment. Writes programs for CMM and Romer Arm. Examines material and product for surface defects, such as cracks, pits, dents, burrs, nicks, and incomplete welds. Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly. Follows established procedures to verify specified dimensions of product or material using a variety of standard inspection tools, such as thread and dial bore gages, OD & ID micrometers, scales, indicators, and calipers. Analyzes and rejects defective parts. Identifies type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- No less than 5 year's progressively responsible experience in manufacturing similar roles or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have previous experience with CMM's, Romer Arms, and PDIMS programing.
- Previous experience in NDT testing such as UT, Dye penetrant, Ultrasonic testing, along with AWS CWI certification is prefered.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated blueprint reading capability, geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T), familiarity with USO requirements and procedures, tool calibration experience, and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- An Associate's degree in related field or a combination of work experience related to quality control.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity