A Personal Banker I (PB I) is responsible for maintaining and building customer relationships while utilizing a consultative sales process to proactively provide solutions to assist new and existing customers in achieving their financial goals. The PB I also provides sales, service and operational support to the retail banking team. The PB I demonstrates Civista Bank's mission to improve the financial lives of our employees and shareholders, to make a difference in the communities that we serve.
Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Creating an exceptional customer experience daily by delivering a personal touch, building relationships, assessing needs, recommending products and referring partners to our customers in order to grow the branch and the bank.
- Develop an expansive knowledge of products and services to fulfill customer needs and solve problems daily.
- Dedication to daily personal growth through active learning. Adapting to new procedures and systems to grow the organization and the team.
- Ensuring Operational tasks are followed & completed daily.
- Execute customer requests with speed and accuracy.
- Earn the required sales and referral goals per month/year as established.
- Maintain cash levels and outages within the parameters of the established guidelines.
- Constant, consistent communication internally and externally. Adhering to regulations, following policies and procedures to ensure safety and soundness of customers and the bank.
- Open personal accounts including additional products and services.
- Understand and encourage the use of technology in every day banking interactions, including teaching customers how to use technology, mobile banking, P2P, online banking etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 2-3 years of previous teller experience required.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Above average knowledge of technology and willingness to adapt to new software technologies.
- Ability to work under deadlines with frequent interruption.
- Work involves eye strain due to the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports and so forth.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions.
- Work involves lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work involves ability to read, hear, write, and communicate professionally both in person and via telephone.
- Work involves some travel to attend meetings, training, and so forth.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/postersEqual Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/V
This Position Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.