Supply Chain Planner
As our Supply Chain Planner, you will get input and feedback from our top accounts every day to gauge demand and make sure our forecasts align with sales estimates. You will oversee the entire supply chain process from receiving the demand forecast to international shipping. Youll use that data to create 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month forecasts for various SKUs, distribution centers, and product groups. Youre focused and analytical but also people-centric and friendly. This is a hub role and youll routinely work with other departments, including finance, marketing, customer service, shipping, and more. To thrive in this role, you must have experience working with supply chain forecasting, heavy SAP expertise (or a similar ERP), and experience working with complex systems, often handling several thousand SKUs.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didnt particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years creating the worlds first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until weve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
As our Supply Chain Planner you can expect:
- To use SAP, Vanguard and Excel to develop forecasts and make sure all inventory matches with demand.
- Problem-solving missions. Youll work independently to discover issues and resolve them. Youre proactive and take initiative, not waiting for direction.
- To work with people in many different functional areas of the organization, as well as with our top accounts. People skills are just as important as analytical skills.
- To see your impact all the time. We cannot get products out the door without you.
- A team you can rely on. We trust each other to deliver our best work each and every day.
- B.S. degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or a related field
- 1-3 years of demand planning experience is desired
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to translate data into actionable forecast recommendations
- Experience leading or working in cross-functional teams with the ability to drive collaboration throughout the organization
- Proven process improvement skills; focus on utilizing technology to build and enhance solutions that increase automation and improve insights and outcomes
- Certification from leading Supply Chain Professional Organization (APICS, IBF, etc.) is preferred
- SAP or equivalent ERP system knowledge desired and Vanguard knowledge a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States