Delta Defense, LLC is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA helps responsible Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe.
We're one of the fastest-growing companies in America and a favorite workplace in SE Wisconsin.
Named on Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies List 9 years in a row
#1 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
The Operations Senior Manager is responsible for leading the operational activities that drive the growth and support of the Training Division business initiatives with external partners, independent instructors, students and members. They are responsible for managing internal and external resources, developing and implementing operational plans that improve our standing as a leader in the firearms and self-defense training industry while also improving profitability, and ensuring that procedures are carried out correctly. Additionally, they regularly evaluate organizational efficiency and make necessary changes to maximize productivity. An Operations Senior Manager assesses the business needs and finds ways to contribute to the big picture by ensuring operations run smoothly and as efficiently as possible
- Develop and maintain strategies for continued improvement of engagement from external partners and instructors
- Lead the development of tools to support external partners and instructors in improving their training business
- Develop and maintain ongoing strategies for profitable network growth
- Manage and coordinate new product launches
- Lead the development of tools needed to support Training Division business initiatives
- Manage external partner and instructor concerns around the Training Division business and develop root cause solutions
- Develop and maintain strategies for instructor vetting and quality control
- Develop and maintain strategies for ongoing improvement and appropriate messaging of external partner and instructor benefits as it relates to the training business
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Sales and IT to determine performance gaps, needs and improvement actions
- Manage integration and efficiencies of local and field based team members
- Support product/curriculum determination processes
- Develop and manage financial budgets, expenditures and revenue expectations
- Develop and track performance against KPIs
- Ensure team members have the knowledge and tools to successfully execute their jobs at a high level.
- Evaluate team members' performance and provide new growth opportunities or correction/adjustment as needed.
- Dive analysis on strategic decisions, including understanding key levers to improve results and clarifying tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve goals
- Adherence to all compliance rules and regulations
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years supervisory experience leading local and remote operational teams
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to identify and solve inefficiencies in processes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of team members
- Experience leading cross functional teams and projects
- Ability to foster teamwork in others
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Should be willing to put in the work needed for advancing and growing as an integral member of the team.
- Must be an effective manager of team members that do and do not report to him/her
- Must be willing to grow as a leader within the company.
- Must be comfortable with change and leading change - must show a willingness to grow along with the company and within his/her role.
- Contribute to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be a self starter, have high standards and be able to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Some knowledge of firearms training and certifications preferred
- Some experience/exposure to call center operations preferred
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC