Delta Defense, LLC is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA helps responsible Americans avoid danger, save lives and keep their families safe.
We're one of the fastest-growing companies in America and a favorite workplace in SE Wisconsin.
Named on Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies List 9 years in a row
#1 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
We hire rockstars, and help them rock even harder!
The Product Development Senior Manager is responsible for leading the product and curriculum as a product development and management activities that drive the growth of the Training Division business initiatives with external partners, independent instructors, students and members. They are responsible for managing internal and external resources and developing and implementing product development and management plans that improve our standing as a leader in the firearms and self-defense training industry while also improving profitability for the business and our external partners. Additionally, they regularly evaluate organizational efficiency and make necessary changes to maximize productivity. They will assess the business needs and find ways to contribute to the big picture by ensuring that quality product is delivered on time and on plan.
- Develop and maintain strategies for continually improving engagement of external partners and instructors through product development
- Manages Product Development for the business by creating new product innovation and concepts that will be a strategic fit for the brand and successfully meet high growth objectives.
- Maintains existing category assignment, recommending product refreshes and/or edits to ensure productivity.
- Lead the development/improvement of products/curriculum to support external partners and instructors in improving their training business
- Develop a strong understanding of the end consumer (B2B / B2C)
- Partner with marketing, sales, IT and operations to establish go-to-market strategies that will drive consumer behavior
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for determination of best in class product
- Identify competitors and evaluate their product strategies and market positioning and devise counter-strategies
- Design programs for in house development of world class products and curriculum
- Partner with external industry experts as needed to develop best in class products and curriculum
- Partner with IT, Marketing, Sales and Operations for fully integrated product development
- Lead the development of tools necessary to support the Training Division product development/management business initiatives
- Develop and maintain strategies for support of internal training product content development needs
- Manage integration and efficiencies of team members
- Lead product/curriculum determination processes
- Develop and manage financial budgets, expenditures and revenue expectations
- Develop and track performance against KPIs
- Ensure team members have the knowledge and tools to successfully execute their jobs at a high level.
- Evaluate team members' performance and provide new growth opportunities or correction/adjustment as needed.
- Dive analysis on strategic decisions, including understanding key levers to improve results and clarifying tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve goals
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years supervisory experience leading local and remote product teams
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to identify and solve inefficiencies in processes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of team members
- Experience leading cross functional teams and projects
- Ability to foster teamwork in others
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Should be willing to put in the work needed for advancing and growing as an integral member of the team.
- Must be an effective manager of team members that do and do not report to him/her
- Must be willing to grow as a leader within the company.
- Must be comfortable with change and leading change - must show a willingness to grow along with the company and within his/her role.
- Contribute to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be a self starter, have high standards and be able to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Some knowledge of firearms training preferred
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC