Sniff and Go has been San Francisco's private dog-walking leader since 2009. Our philosophy is very simple, not all dogs thrive with group/pack dog walking. We are San Francisco's only established dog walking company not providing group dog walks. Private walks are safer, private walks keep training consistent and they are simply more fun!
We are searching for a dog walker to add to our growing employee-based team. To be considered, you must be available consistently from ~10am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. The ideal candidate will be someone who can build rapport with new animals quickly using patience and empathy. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career with animals or anyone who enjoys being active and working outside independently. For the right individual, this role can also grow into a larger route, potentially working more hours per week. This position is designed to be supplemental income to a household income.
This position will start with shorter days, working closer to 4-5 hours per day, building up to about 5-7 hours per day. Most dog walkers will average 20-35 hours per week once training is complete. Dog walking schedules are always based on client demand.
For every member of our amazing dog walking team, we provide:
- Industry-leading competitive compensation (for motivated dog walkers, you can earn an incredible wage)
- Paid dog walker training
- Tools needed while caring for our furry doggie friends
- Veterinarian taught Pet First Aid and Pet CPR course
- Mileage and parking reimbursement for employees who drive
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid travel time
- Paid sick leave
- Infield support from an experienced management team
- Promotions and performance BONUSES
- Liability insurance, bonding, and workman's compensation for your protection
- Employee incentives, contests, prizes, and perks!
Here is what we ask our dog walkers to do:
- All dog walks are done on-leash and cover anywhere from 0.5 to 3 miles per walk (we focus on the quality of the walk, not the speed or distance)
- Dog walks are done privately, working with only one household's pets at a time
- You will need consistent access to a safe and reliable vehicle. This is to expedite your travel from one client's residence to the next (full recommended IRS mileage reimbursement is paid out per mile and parking is paid for)
- We do all aspects of cat care including cleaning, litter box maintenance, feedings, and kitty playtime
Some basic dog walking requirements:
- Able to pass a background check
- Have a valid Driver's License or State ID
- If you are planning on driving your route, you must have access to a safe/reliable/insured vehicle with a clean driving history
- Able to receive regular paychecks
- Able to commit to this position for 12 months from date of hire
- Available for 20-35 hours of dog walking/cat sitting per week with additional optional hours available evenings, weekends, and holidays on an as-needed basis
How much can I make as a professional part-time dog walker?
Our driving employees average between $21-$24+/hour plus full IRS mileage and parking reimbursements. Hourly rates are based on each individual's ability to work through their schedule safely, correctly, and efficiently. We are looking for the best of the best. This is why we are happy to pay the higher wages, cover taxes, handle reimbursements and offer supplies needed to succeed.
Sniff and Go's commitment to a diverse workforce:
The dog is the most diverse animal on the planet.
We always want to learn more from them.
The most important lesson we will ever learn from our dogs, is to embrace that same diversity.
Sniff and Go will always strive to have a team as wonderfully unique as the dogs in our care.
Take it from one of our very own dog walkers members:):
"I love walking, animals, and being outside so it's the perfect job for me. My favorite part about the job is when you first open the door to a house with a dog/dogs that you have really developed a trusting relationship with and the dog is super excited to see you. It always puts me in a better mood and state of mind, even if I'm already in a terrific mood. - Jon."
Want to learn more about dog walking?
- Visit our website for more information www.SniffAndGo.com -> About Us -> Join Our Team.
We look forward to hearing from you!