As the BIM Manager, you will oversee the successful implementation of the firms BIM best practices across all project phases and teams.
- Augment office BIM documentation procedures
- Edit, create, and maintain BIM content including Revit Templates, Families, Detail Components and Detail Library
- Maintain BIM tutorials and support forum on office intranet
- Serve as an office resource on all BIM related topics
- Coordinate with internal project managers, project architects, and engineering consultants BIM managers
- Troubleshoot and assist with modeling, detailing and rendering of project work
- Assist with project specific approach to complex modeling where required
- Assist with clash detection efforts
- Participate in onboarding of all new team members who will be using BIM software
- Evaluate team members BIM skill level and provide necessary training
- Assist IT team with roll out of new BIM software versions and updates
- Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or related field
- 7 years minimum experience in the AEC industry
- Highly Proficient in Revit including Autodesk BIM 360
- Proficient in Navisworks
- Familiarity with rendering/visualization applications typically used in conjunction with Revit, such as Lumion, Enscape, etc.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam, SketchUp, AutoCAD and other frequently used industry software
- Knowledge of detailing and construction
- Knowledge of building codes and standards
- Experience with DSA Education projects, Senior Living, and/or Student Housing projects is a plus, but not required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to convey BIM concepts to all levels of design professionals
- Ability to develop teaching material and deliver effective training
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
Founded in 1975, HPI Architecture is an award winning design firm with offices in Newport Beach and San Diego. Our 45 years of continuous service has been focused on public and private clients in the Education and Senior Living sectors.
HPI prides itself in creating high quality projects that are reflective of our clients visions and objectives. Our architecture, planning, and interior design services result in spaces and places that respond to the desired end user experience, building functionality, and financial sustainability.
As a relationship centered firm, we place great importance on fostering meaningful connections both internally and externally. Our many repeat clients and dedicated professionals are testaments to our continued success. Our process encourages clients and design team members to work together to find tailored solutions that fit the needs of our clients. We listen, communicate, and create. This interactive design process is the foundation of our philosophy and approach resulting in what our clients consider design excellence.
At HPI we provide long term career opportunities in a stimulating, supportive, team oriented, and challenging but enjoyable work environment. The professional and social culture that we promote empowers all team members to learn, interact, and grow both professionally and personally. We not only encourage mentorship but also an open and shared creative process which allows the team as a whole to arrive at design excellence.
While we are committed to delivering the highest quality projects, we encourage our team members to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, life and supplemental insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and profit sharing and bonus opportunities. Salary is commensurate with experience.