See all jobs in Fort Meade MD
Job Location: Fort Meade, MD
Location: 9800 Savage Rd, Fort Meade, MD, US 20755
Posting Location: MD073
Functional Group: Software Development
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- 7 years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required 4 years of SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Required Skills:
Looking for developers with a strong background in object-oriented programming that are self-starters. Python, C/C++, and Java experience required.
The transition to microservices makes any skills with docker, kubernetes, or helm a plus. Our tech stack is quickly modernizing so experience with key/value stores like memcached or etcd, distributed queues like RabbitMQ, NoSQL databases like Mongo, GRPC, and in-memory databases like Redis is beneficial. To be effective in the role, the person needs a strong understanding of the Linux OS, familiarity with basic system administrator tasks like disk partitioning, NIC configuration, firewall configuration, or sysd would be a plus. RF or DSP background is also a plus.
This position requires an active Security Clearance.
Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion. of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.