Compassionate Addiction Counselor Needed!
***Sign on Bonus offer ends March 31, 2021***
**Currently offering a sign on bonus for new employees that sign an offer letter by March 31, 2021**
*Bonus details will be discussed during the interview process*
MedMark services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
MedMark, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At MedMark, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Primary Job Function:
Additction counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients progress during therapy. Addiction counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
Title: Full Time Addiction Counselor
Location: Baltimore, MD
Schedule: M-F 5:30a - 3p and rotating Saturdays 5:30a-1p
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Involve families and significant others in patients recovery process whenever possible
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Must have current CAC-AD, CSC-AD status as a Counselor at The Professional Board of Counselors & Therapist State of Maryland.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals life
What to expect from us:
MedMark a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.