Our company has an immediate need for motivated individuals who are interested in joining our Fraser, MI, team. We provide on the job training for all new hires.
1ST SHIFT - Monday - Friday, 7am to 3pm ($12 per hour)
2ND SHIFT Monday Friday, 3pm to 11pm ($12 per hour plus $0.50 shift differential)
3RD SHIFT Monday Friday, 11pm to 7am ($12 per hour plus $0.50 shift differential)
With opportunity for overtime on occasion.
About The Position
In the role of Machine Operator you are our first line of defense for monitoring the performance of plastic injection molded machines, to ensure parts are made per quality standards of the customer, on time per the schedule, with lowest cost and the best safety practices possible; and to produce quality parts, with zero defects.
- Responsible for quality of parts produced, with a goal of ZERO Defects.
- Monitoring material levels in our work cell.
- Assist Production Quality Lead in training new team members.
- Inspect finished parts per operator instruction sheets and control plans.
- Trim gates and flash, as required.
- Pack parts per operator instruction sheets and control plans.
- Responsible for attaching correct bar coded shipping label to containers, adding date/shift and name. Label must match part being run.
- Contact Supervisor or Production Quality Lead, if problems arise.
- Log all necessary information into the traceability logbook.
- Keep work area clean. Pick up parts from the floor. Perform other operator tasks, as requested.
- Ensure that all safety standards and procedures are followed.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency, preferred.
- Math skills and be able to use a calculator.
- Ability to read and write legibly and comprehend both written and verbal communications.
- Be able to work flexible hours and overtime, as needed.
- The physical demands for this position include being able to lift 30 to 35 pounds, must be able bend and stand for long periods of time 8 to 12 hour intervals; working frequently in close proximity to machinery, noise levels are moderate and it is a climate control environment.
- We are pleased to be a second chance employer.