Job ID: 2021-1981
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Category: External Machinist
This company, located in Long Beach CA, strives to deliver unique aerospace products to operations such as Blue Origin, NASA, Virgin Galactic, and more! With a strong backlog of contracts, they foresee continued and steady work (including OT) for the long term. Founded over a century ago, they have designed and manufactured a variety of products through every decade, adapting to industry needs. They are currently producing large CNC machined parts for satellites, launch vehicle and missile defense applications. They have 15 CNC machines and 50 employees.
In this position, they are looking for someone to set up, operate, perform inspections, and edit programs for large multi-axis CNC mills, such as HAAS 5 axis mills and Cincinnati bridge mills. Whats more, they are focused on growing and learning, their ideal candidate will strive to do both.
This is position is 2nd shift (4:30PM-4AM) with plenty of overtime opportunities.
In terms of benefits, they include:
- PTO including holidays, sick time, and personal time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options for dependents
- Set up and operate CNC 3-5 axis mills
- Edit programs at the machine
- Perform first article and in process inspections
- Operate manual equipment as needed
- Experience setting up and operating 3-4 axis mills (5 axis a plus!)
- Ability to edit programs at the machine (Fanuc, Siemens, HAAS controls)
- Knowledge of inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, gauges etc.
- Previous experience with large parts and tight tolerances preferred
AMC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.