The San Vicente Bungalows are looking for a dynamic Sushi Chef to join our Kitchen team!
The Sushi Chef will be responsible for Sushi menu development and managing Sushi Cooks.
The San Vicente Bungalows is a high volume private members club serving only the finest ingredients.
Amazing Benefits package offered, Health/Dental/Vision/401k
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the Maintenance team.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
Sushi Chef Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or American Culinary Federation (ACF) certification is preferred.
- Proven experience working in upscale sushi restaurants.
- Valid food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent time-management skills.