Troubleshoot and maintain molds, practice predictive and preventative maintenance, familiarity with standard tool room equipment and maintains thorough and accurate tool maintenance records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and repairs injection molds to support production requirements of a multi-shift, 5 press facility.
- Mold trouble shooting, maintenance, and repair to include trim dies and occasional fixture building.
- Finish tool fitting, grinding, or polishing.
- Manufacture and/or replace tooling components with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy and competency.
- Assists other toolmakers and trainees in operation and set up of tool room equipment.
- Maintain accurate mold history/records.
- Ability to train and perform minor CNC support.
- Observes all health and safety requirements and maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Skilled in the use of all above referenced tool room equipment
- Ability to use good judgment to achieve organizational goals in a self-directed manner
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good computer skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to record and document applicable data
- Keen understanding and knowledge of manufacturing related safety issues.
- Ability to work as a cooperative team player, treating all co-workers, customer, and suppliers with consideration and respect.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an apprentice tool maker, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Blueprint interpretation
- Knowledge of machining technology to include set up and operation of lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, and surface grinders as needed.
- Experience with stoning and polishing of mold components
- Must own precision tools (micrometers, indicators etc.).
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- English language proficiency, to include verbal and written communication.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment screenings
2nd Shift 2pm-10:30pm