Direct and manage the day-to-day operations of a given facility, assuming overall responsibility for safety, manufacturing, delivery, quality, staffing, customer satisfaction and financial performance. Utilize leadership skills to communicate vision and direction through management team that reaches all levels of plant staff. Establish annual business plans that aim towards improving competitive edge, profitability, and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the overall operation of a facility.
- Establish business plans aimed towards continued quality, safety and cost improvement.
- Work closely with corporate financial team and plant staff to determine price structure quotation.
- Oversee management review of quality systems and encourage continued improvement, proactive management and teamwork.
- Ensure that facility is properly staffed and trained.
- Chief plant site executive representing facility to clients, prospects, suppliers and government agencies.
- Financial decision maker regarding orders accepted, purchase of equipment, tools, materials, and staffing.
- Bears overall responsibility for housekeeping of facility and safety awareness.
- Communicate plant financial & operational condition to Corporate as required.
- Manage the operations cost to enhance profitability while stsaying within legal guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the strategy and long term planning of the operations to ensure continued success in meeting customer expectations.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- 10 years experience
- Prior experience leading a Mfg. Operation, Engineering Degree, Prior Sales Engineering Experience, Prior Injection Molding Experience/ Knowledge, Prior Thixomolding Experience/ Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
In-depth knowledge of P&L and quality systems. Minimum 5 years previous experience managing in a manufacturing environment, preferably in plastics and injection molding.
Number of employees supervised: 5-10
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401K (with match!)
Equal Opportunity Employer