ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Principle Planner is an integral member of the value stream leadership team at the ILC Dover site in Frederica. The Principle Planner will primarily be responsible for generating the master production schedule, determining production requirements, and generating schedules to meet customer demand and quality requirements. Includes long term demand planning, handling expedited customer requests. (production planning) plus generation and maintenance of component inventory stocking levels to support production needs (material planning). Will have a deep understanding of core Supply Chain fundamentals such as ERP, safety stock calculations and forecasting (supply vs actuals).
The Principle Planner also participates in sourcing local suppliers. They are responsible for generating purchase requisitions in alignment with requirements (materials, equipment, and stock items).
This position is the senior most individual contributor within the Materials Management organization and will act as an extension of the Materials Manager for project participation and vacation coverage.
- Ownership of Production Readiness Review ensuring capacity (labor and machine), materials and design are available to meet customer requested dates
- Regular review of acceptance process including alignment resolution and investigation ending with the organizations commitment to the customer
- Adjust the production plan for best results (opens job orders with optimal timing)
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining transactional accuracy in the ERP system for inventory control and material usage in production
- Responsible for reviewing any variances encountered during the production process
- Regular communications with material handling team, customer service reps, operations supervisors, engineers, and shipping teams to ensure alignment
- Manage production work orders to define the production plan in support factory procurement strategy (including generation of production order paperwork)
- Maintain & analyze all production planning performance metrics on-time start, on-time completion & delivery, lead-time compliance, aged work orders, labor, and material variances; identify, communicate, and resolve issues for best results
- Work with master scheduler and purchasing to understand longer term demand requirements and ensure raw material supply plan can support business plan
- Align production schedule to material requirements planning to ensure zero stock outs.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Additional Skills Required:
- Conducts complex work important to the organization; contributions effect overall success - failure would result in significant impact to the organization
- Works without supervision, with significant latitude for independent judgement
- Strong ERP implementation experience
- Will be assigned to represent value stream on cross functional teams (including all business transformation initiatives)
- Will demonstrate cross functional knowledge of multiple business units
- Mentors less-experienced team members
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Operations Management, or related field; comparable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Level of Experience: 10+ years of experience
- APICS certification and/or Yellow Belt, Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge of the flow of data through entire process from design conception to shipment of product
- Experience in a regulated, lot-controlled manufacturing environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams in a lead capacity or as a participant.
- Experience or training with Lean and Visual Factory manufacturing tools.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem solving and learning ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team membership
- Ability to work within defined process and identify process improvements, drive improvements, and sustain improvements; Ability to get results through process
- Demonstrated comprehension and experience with various business models and their effect on supply chain structure, planning and execution
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran