ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Regional Sales Manager Pharma/Biopharma will develop solutions for our clientele within the Pharma/ Biopharma industry. Sales reps must educate potential customers on our products, services, and solutions. This involves a thorough understanding of our clients and their business needs as well as our products, our capabilities, and our opportunities. The Regional Sales Manager must use available resources to fulfill clients expectations, i.e., internal teamwork, communications, follow-up, data tracking.
The Commodity Manager develops, implements, and maintains a commodity inventory strategy that supports the supply chain. They evaluate and maintain vendor relationships as well as research and recommend new vendors in a highly regulated environment. Commodity Managers also monitor market conditions to ensure the organization receives the best value for purchases and provide input on strategic decisions that affect their program(s).
*Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a strong understanding of the current supply base and ILC Dovers technical contribution to its customer base and then define the future commodity supply base requirements considering input from sales, marketing, operations, finance and product engineering
- Commercial supplier management: Implement pricing, supply and/or development agreements that provide commercial terms and establish clear ownership of IP
- Lead cross-functional team in developing and deploying net commodity supply strategies based on current and future (i.e. new product launches) internal requirement(s) and external market research, inventory efficiency, and capacity coordination.
- Deploy change management strategies into the commodity supply base through strategic supply chain agreement negotiation, supplier development plans and new supplier identification and onboarding
- Maintain and improve an efficient and effective RFQ/RFP process
- Research, recommend and certify new suppliers who can provide superior products and services at pricing which meets or exceeds the marketplace
- Analyze inventory usage trends for the purpose of creating and maintaining appropriate ILC MRP system drivers (MOQ, contract details, fixed price breaks, vendor sourcing) to minimize supply chain disruption and maximize inventory performance
- Monitor relevant indices and share that information with the business to understand cost and potentially impact inventory strategies
- Maintain supplier performance indicators to ensure effective management of commodity supply base
- Liaison with operations to develop capacity plans to meet the longer-term demand requirements
- Collaborate with the business units and production teams on projects as needed, i.e. new product launches and inventory initiatives
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work on government contracts directly or access shared data resources (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Deep technical knowledge of film manufacturing, preferably in the Biopharmaceutical space
- Level of Experience: 4 6 years of commodity management
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field of study; comparable combination of education and years of experience will be considered
- Demonstrated strong analytical and financial skills, problem solving and learning ability
- Demonstrated ability to work within defined processes and identify process improvements; lead, drive and sustain improvements
- Demonstrated comprehension and experience with various business models and their effect on supply chain structure, planning and execution
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of procurement in a highly regulated and global environment
- Demonstrated ability to participate and lead teams in a homogenous or cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and adjust those priorities to maximize outcomes
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran