ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Advanced Industrial Machinery Mechanic will maintain and repair factory equipment and other industrial machinery, production machinery, and packaging equipment.
We are looking for an Advanced Industrial Machinery Mechanic for the following shift: 3rd shift.
- Understand, practice, and support safety standards in all work and in all locations
- Perform both corrective and scheduled preventative maintenance on organizations production equipment.
- Perform electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures
- May work with manufacturing, engineering, or test engineering departments in support of special projects.
- Performs routine assignments as directed by supervision.
- Read technical manuals and drawings to understand equipment function and controls
- Perform tests and run initial batches to assure process equipment and machinery is operating within design specifications.
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Utilize organizations computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to follow and document performed maintenance tasks.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization, sometimes taking direction from more than one line of reporting managers.
- Participate in daily Tier 1 manufacturing team meetings.
- Participate in cross functional site safety teams
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to access government restricted areas (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Apprenticeship or Trade/ Vocational training preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in an industrial work environment.
- Experience with PLC programming and/or formal education related to PLC programming
- Experience with soldering, electrical schematics are preferred
- Proficient with hand tools and tools of relevant trade
- Demonstrated diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated attention to safety
- Must be able to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Must be able to work any shift and may include weekend work
- Must be willing to travel to local worksites
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran