ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Journeyman Electrician will perform installation and restoration work on electrical frameworks throughout the facility under the direction of a Master Electrician. The Journeyman Electrician's duties include communicating and performing inspections to diagnose and complete the work of each task. The Journeyman Electrician should be comfortable performing these tasks with minimal supervision.
As a Journeyman Electrician, you should be a critical thinker with experience in all facets of electrical work. A remarkable Journeyman Electrician will demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, and the capacity to mentor the Apprentice Electrician on the team.
- Understand, practice, and support safety standards in all work and in all locations
- Perform general maintenance and repair duties including light carpentry, basic electrical, HVAC, and arranging furniture and partitions
- Assist employees with internal moves
- May work with specialized outside contractors
- May have some formal training in one or more trades
- Test electrical systems using tools that include voltmeters, and ohmmeters to determine where issues may be occurring, the safety of the system and to ensure compatibility
- Document actions, testing results, observations, final diagnosis of the situation and steps taken to resolve issues for each job or situation
- Repair electrical issues by replacing or installing components, wiring or devices
- Determine the steps necessary to assess an electrical situation using testing devices, blueprints, and maps
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and through reporting violations of policies, procedures, and guidelines to immediate supervisor
- Use ladders, scaffolding, platform and lifts to work on electrical systems
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely; report any issues to immediate supervisor
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work in restricted areas of the facility (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, e.g. GED
- Requires 5 or more years of experience in trade; facilities maintenance experience is preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English (read, write, speak)
- Must be knowledgeable of basic math and English measurement (not metric) and use of hand tools and/or power tools
- Must be able to work during evenings and weekends when necessary Completed electrician apprenticeship.
- Valid state Journeyman license
- Proficiency with local, state, and national electric code
- Ability to read blueprints
- Install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot electrical systems
- Perform tests and locate potential electrical hazards for repair
- Must be able to measure cut and bend electrical conduit
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran