ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
A quality control inspector makes sure that products are made according to prescribed guidelines and specifications. They perform tests to ensure that products meet quality standards, report their findings, then make recommendations for improvement.
We are looking for a Quality Inspector for the following shift: 3rd Shift
- Understand, practice, and support safety standards in all work and in all locations
- Conduct tests to ensure that manufactured products conform to specifications
- Utilize calipers, micrometers, scales, gauges, microscopes, or other appropriate measurement/validation equipment to perform routine and non-routine inspections of raw materials, in-process products, or finished products
- Communicate with production to reduce the amount of non-conforming product produced
- Maintain inspection reports and records inspection data as part of overall quality system
- May participate in the development of corrective action measures
- Performs general tasks and completes routine assignments
- Proficient in the use of manufacturing equipment; may assist in the manufacturing of the product
- Becomes more quality focused and accountable for work product
- Receives assistance in the completion of more complex assignments
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work on government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience
- Must be able to work any assigned shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd and/or weekends)
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing process; ILC specific product line(s) preferred
- Must have basic knowledge of computer applications, e.g., Word, Excel, and database input
- Must be able to understand work instructions, blueprints, or other documents written in English
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members in general and in English
- Demonstrated ability to manage assignments with minimal direction and to completion
- Must have successfully passed all required Quality and Manufacturing training assigned
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing preferred
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran