ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Manufacturing Designer will conduct tasks and assignments as directed and contributes to team objectives and outcomes. Some latitude and independent judgement in the design work is required; problem-solving responsibility is limited while working under defined guidelines. This position requires a moderate skill set in 2D or 3D mechanical design.
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) software and/or drafting equipment to create 2D or 3D drawings, blueprints, schematics, and related technical renderings for creation of manufacturing equipment
- Create detailed drawings to capture scales, processes, dimensions, topography, angles, and other pertinent engineering information utilizing knowledge of engineering principles and applicable government regulations to develop manufacturing machines
- Document updates to design and ensure that any changes are recorded and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures
- Specific duties may include mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics of panel layouts and other electrical schematics
- May participate in machine creation, machine testing & validation processes
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, or related field of study and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience performing similar tasks
- Proficiency with word processing software; spreadsheet software; intermediate CAD & basic 3D modeling
- Demonstrated, strong communication skills, including verbal and mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran