ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Buyer, Intermediate will be responsible for creating purchase orders, tracking systems, answering vendor questions and be the point of contact for issues, returns and quality concerns on purchases.
- Daily placement of new orders for multiple business units to ensure capacity (labor and machine), materials and design are available to meet customer requested dates
- Meet regularly with operations team to review performance to the work plan, review aged work orders, variances and advise of future demand requirements with an eye towards inventory reduction goals
- Maintain work order performance metrics on-time start, on-time completion, lead-time compliance, aged work orders, labor and material variances; work with operations, engineering, purchasing, etc. to resolve issues affecting metrics
- Responsible for analysis of delivery issues and corrective actions to process in order to improve metric performance; includes handling of receiving issues based on variances and quality issues
- Work with Master Scheduler and purchasing team monthly to understand longer term demand requirements and ensure raw material supply plan can support business plan
- Track and maintain necessary reporting for government related contracts; file small business reporting requirements on a regular basis; and track vendors in relation to government contracts held by the company within procurement
- Involvement in project buying in relation to specific business units within the company
- Increasing complexity of work assignment
- General contribution to objectives and outcomes
- Moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment; limited problem-solving responsibility while working under defined guidelines
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work on government contracts directly or access shared data resources (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field of study; comparable combination of education and years of experience will be considered
- 4 6 years of previous direct experience as a buyer
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, problem solving and learning ability
- Demonstrated ability to work within defined processes and identify process improvements; lead, drive and sustain improvements
- Demonstrated comprehension and experience with various business models and their effect on supply chain structure, planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and clients
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and adjust those priorities to maximize outcomes
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MRP/ERP experience, preferably Syteline
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with government reporting (FARS, DFARS, etc.) and project management is preferred
- Experience with purchasing agreements and negotiating prices for multiple materials categories
- Ability to work effectively/proficiently in Frederica, DE 60% and 40% remote
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran