Today, severe weather events, rising sea level, climate change, hurricanes, all too frequent 100 year and 500 year storms put cities, buildings, utilities, industrial operations and transportation networks at ever-greater risk for flooding of critical infrastructure and assets. ILC Dover has pushed beyond traditional rigid water barriers and post-event strategies to develop forward-thinking, flexible technologies such as gate, wall, cover and plug systems that prevent flood damage. Our value proposition provides clients with facility resiliency via stored at point-of-use solutions that are deployable in minutes.
Career-development position which requires a moderate skill set in 2D and 3D design. The incumbent conducts tasks and assignments as directed and contributes to team objectives and outcomes. Some latitude and independent judgement in the design work is required; problem-solving responsibility is limited while working under defined guidelines.
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) software and/or drafting equipment to create 2D and/or 3D drawings, blue prints, schematics, and related technical renderings
- Create detailed drawings to capture scales, processes, dimensions, topography, angles, and other pertinent engineering information utilizing knowledge of engineering principles and applicable government regulations to develop products
- Document updates to design and ensure that any changes are recorded and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment
- Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, or Engineering Technology field and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience performing similar tasks
- Proficiency with word processing software; spreadsheet software; intermediate CAD & 3D modeling
- Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran