We are ILC Dover
color:black; >Beyond Boundaries.
We are looking for passionate people who share our desire to succeed to lead one of our value stream teams. You will guide a dedicated team of employees in their continuous improvement journey.
ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, ILC has provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of applications.
We serve customers around the world in a diverse range of industries, including; pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, flexible containment systems, personal protective equipment, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. Our customers will tell you that we cater to their every need and that we are highly innovative, responsive, dedicated and competitive. At ILC Dover customer focus and quality are the culture, not just a measurement.
Our businesses continue to see tremendous growth will you be a part of our next generation of leaders and innovators?
Engineering evolution beyond boundaries!
The Value Stream Manager provides leadership and daily direction for a defined value stream within the plant; responsibility covers supplier through plant operations and to the customer. The value stream manager leads a Continuous Improvement Team consisting of manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, materials planning, maintenance, other supervisors, and operators. They are responsible for leading the day-to-day activities and providing leadership to employees within their value stream. These activities include safety, training, ensuring product quality, and on time delivery. The value stream manager is responsible for leading tier meetings and driving lean tools and culture into the business, maintains future state action plan.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement Team through the Value Stream process. Delivering a current state map, future state map and an action plan to deliver the future state.
- Lead weekly Continuous Improvement Team meetings (Tier 4) and provide direction to manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, planning, maintenance, supervision and operations on actions and priorities to implement the future state value stream.
- Drive the larger organization on actions that are impacting day-to-day performance or for requirements within the value steam action plan. This includes working with engineering, supply chain, IT, other sites, leadership, or anyone in the organization to support their value stream.
- Lead the operators in the daily Tier 1 meeting; lead the continuous improvement team in the daily Tier 2 meeting; and represent their value stream in the daily Tier 3 meeting as part of the plant leadership team. Value Stream Manager should escalate issues within this framework to peers.
- Ensure the Continuous Improvement Team is driving safety issues, quality issues both internal and external. Creates alignment between the plant and functional leadership regarding safety and quality processes.
- Participate and approve all changes that are being made within their value stream including print changes, work instructions, standard operating procedures, routings, material changes, etc.
- Develops people. Responsible for talent selection, providing feedback, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans for direct members of their team and for providing feedback to other managers with examples of behavior or performance success or improvement needs.
- Effectively works with other plant leadership to resolve production issues that affect safety, quality, delivery, or cost; effectively works with human resource on required and defined HR Processes.
- Develop a high performing Continuous Improvement Team with high levels of morale, satisfaction, and performance by continuously engaging and building the team through development, alignment of objectives, upgrading talent, etc.
- Understands customer value, focus efforts of self and team to improve this, everyday.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors degree in business or related field of study, plus at least a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience with two years in a management capacity; or a combination of education and experience including management experience.
- Leadership Behavior Value Stream Manager must have a continuous improvement behavior with demonstrated results. Displays a passion for their work and team every-day.
- Thinks and Acts Strategically Must have a future orientated approach to business and is not limited by what the current state is but what could/should be. Has a clear understanding of how the business works and how things get done, and a full value chain perspective.
- Gets Results Through Self and Others Has experience not only delivering results for themselves but has delivered results through cross functional and functional employees. Must be collaborative, motivating, and professional. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and with utilizing data to make decisions and run the business.
- Builds Organizational Capability Has experience developing direct reports by providing training, challenging assignments and will to help those who need development. Must have experience judging a persons talents and how they align with business needs.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran