ILC Dover is a world leader in the innovative design and production of engineered products employing high-performance flexible materials. Since 1947, we have provided engineered solutions to complex customer problems. Initially known for the production of space suits for NASA, we leverage our vast materials, engineering, process, and design experience to create high performance systems for a wide range of industries. ILC Dover is a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, which acquired the company in February 2020.
Recognized globally for our flexible containment solutions, ILC Dover serves customers in a diverse range of industries, including pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing, personal care, food and beverage, chemical, aerospace, healthcare and government agencies. ILC Dovers visionary solutions improve efficiency, safeguard workers and product, and prevent disasters. For more information visit ILCDover.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The Senior Manager, CI and OPEX will lead operational excellence efforts by driving the CI culture. Directly guiding site activities to align with company objectives and deployment strategies. In conjunction with the plant manager owns the annual goal setting process, metric review process and site cost outs. Develops functional leaders of the site to achieve the goal of becoming a world class manufacturing operation. This position is also a backup and feeder position to the Plant Manager role.
- Lead plant operational excellence group to achieve site KPIs, goals and objectives for SQDIP
- Develop and execute a strategy and supporting programs to implement an CI/OPEX culture.
- Coordinate initiatives across the manufacturing site to achieve consistency and standardization of processes.
- Support, develop, and mentor operations team members, enabling them to succeed in their CI/OPEX journey.
- Cultivate a team environment through mentoring and practicing servant leadership
- Manage and communicate key performance indicators in partnership with functional leaders, to include OPEX assessments, performance improvements, and other high-impact initiatives to improve financial and operational performance of the site while creating a positive working environment.
- Partner with leadership to deliver results
- Design and translate standards and principles into process and organizational changes that support plant objectives.
- Develop skill levels of practitioners and other site talent by coordinating OPEX training for employees at various levels and across functions.
- Ensure standards are implemented consistently.
- Exchange best practices and shared knowledge and expertise across the organization.
- Benchmark with best-in-class companies to integrate leading practices into manufacturing activities and processes.
- Continuously improve tools, training, documentation, deployment methodologies and processes
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to work on government contracts directly or access shared data resources (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM field, plus at least a minimum of 7 years related experience leading teams in operations roles; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or higher
- Proven Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work globally, cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Demonstrated time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience developing and managing lean systems, leading significant change
- Functional knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and lean manufacturing methodologies
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and related software applications; order processing systems; project management software, manufacturing software and database software
We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required