***Up to $1000.00 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth***
***New competitive rates***
A paraprofessional trained within the organization to provide care services and administer specific nursing procedures, supportive therapy services and emotional support to patients, caregivers and family. The primary nurse or therapist on a case provides the direct supervision of the patient care provided by the HHA. Home health aide services are provided according to the home health or hospice plan of care, according to department policy and scope of practice guidelines as set by applicable regulations or state law.
Essential Job Functions:
- Aide performs personal care services, provides assistance with routine household tasks, and respite or companion visits for patients and their families.
2. Assists patients with activities of daily living, i.e., bathing, dressing, feeding, transfers, toileting and ambulation as directed on home health aide plan of care.
3. Observes, assesses and reports changes in patients within scope of practice.
4. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
5. Responsible for the Accountabilities associated with this position in support of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Certified as a Nursing Assistant
High School graduate or equivalent
Home care experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant
Experience in a supervised health care setting, such as a hospital or nursing home.
Current Washington State Drivers license and proof of insurability
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
Reliable transportation or other transportation arrangements upon the approval of the Supervisor.
DESIRED for the position:
Dexterity to perform routinely required patient procedures and use of equipment required for those procedures as appropriate to discipline.