EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Acute Rehab RN to join the well- established and dynamic Acute Rehab Unit Team.
Job Summary: This RN is responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician
Qualifications: License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
Masters degree in Nursing
Additional Pay for BSN and MSN
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position required a BSN or a commitment to begin in a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to current EvergreenHealth RN's hired prior to April 1, 2014.